Thursday, January 7, 2010

Counting Calories....


















It's a disgusting practice, but every time I've had success I've been a real nazi about minding every damn thing that I eat. CalorieKing is a great resource for looking up nutritional information for just about everything. They even let you manipulate serving size and it will automatically crank out a new automated nutritional label.

I'm going to start out by using a diet plan from a program called p90x. It has three phases--the first is designed to shed excess body fat. Due to my sedentary desk job and lifestyle in this hellish winter, I'm going to go for the most caloric restrictive diet in the program which clocks in at 1,800 calories per day.

They offer meal suggestions which I plan on using for ideas and as a calorie-per-meal guide, but since I usually don't eat breakfast, I'm not sure how this will work out. The suggested dietary intake distribution for the fat burning phase is below

Protein/Carb/Fat
50%/30%/20%

So far, today I have consumed:

1 extra large Dunkin Donuts coffee with skim milk
2 walnut halves
1 Culvers Caesar Salad -croutons -cheese
.5 Culvers Caesar Dressing
1 bottle water














Culver's Classic Caesar Salad w/flame roasted chicken. Note the carefully avoided cheese shreds and croutons.

So far for the day, that's about 302 calories and a ratio of 55.1%/21.1%/23.8%.

If you're wondering why I'm eating a fast food salad, I haven't had a chance to go grocery shopping yet and I was always fascinated with Culvers. Somehow, they always seem to have an abundance of white, blond, happy employees no matter where the store is located. It blows my mind every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment