Wednesday, January 6, 2010

All I Need is One Final Hit...

to sooth the pain. (click the "Continue - I'm over 18" button after the link at left for a great clip from the movie Trainspotting)














A final favorite from Portillo's...I will not be seeing many more of these beautiful things for a while. Italian beef with hot peppers, a small order of cheese fries, and 500ml of some crazy 7% abv Polish beer called Warka that I found in a strip mall liquor store. Once the fries are done, the cheese can be re-utilized as a dip for the sandwich. Mmmm.

With all systems check and the new blog set up, I think I've accomplished my first goal of painting myself into a corner. Hopefully putting this shit out publicly would make my failure more embarrassing and painful than having to lean over my belly to find my penis for another month.















This is as more of a personal journal to remind myself of what a pain in the ass it is to do this and to catalog what sort of progress I can expect to make the next time I get lazy and my belly starts looking like that of a dead, bloated fish again.

What I'm not looking forward to is cutting out beer and, possibly, making an attempt to stop drinking during the week. I'm curious to see how it may affect me and my weight loss compared to the other times I've started exercising and eating right (I continued drinking, primarily hard spirits, and I was smoking when I have gotten back into shape before).

I have a feeling that my drinking habits parallel my smoking habits without the element of true addiction (as to nicotine). I never really crave a drink like I used to crave a smoke, I think I just drink out of habit and to soothe a powerful oral fixation. Of course, the elevated mood is always welcome after dealing with the daily bullshit at the office, and not kicking back with a cold beer could turn me into a very angry man.

We shall see.














Meanwhile, I weighed in at 162 lbs (check out those freaky webbed toes). It looks like I added a couple pounds after drinking two of those large Warka's, but we'll check again in the morning and develop a baseline starting weight. Starting between 160-165 should give me a 15lbs weight loss goal. That should be easily achievable in two months if I don't totally fuck this up and get lazy again.

The goal is to pick a DVD workout routine that demands something like an hour a day, 6 days a week. It is cold and wintry here in Illinois, so this seems like the best option next to joining a gym. Men's league hockey will be starting up soon, so it will be nice to have that replacing one workout per week. Currently, I'm looking at DVD programs called Power 90, P90x, and Slim in 6. I've already downloaded the torrents, so I plan on trying out a few different ones to get a feeling for what might work. I'm not sure how comfortable I'm going to be with following along with some stranger on a tv screen.

As for diet, I'll read up on some of the material provided by the DVD's and see if I can't put something interesting together.

Here are my sexy photo time pictures. The first two are me "flexing", which doesn't look nearly as bad as the last two, which are me letting it all hang out. FYI, it's not you...I look like various well-known male actors depending on how the light strikes me.


























































No comments:

Post a Comment