Friday, January 15, 2010

I Drink Your Milkshake

If you haven't seen the movie "There Will be Blood" you should.

















I am beat two days after doing "Kenpo-X", a part of the p90x series. Basically, you spend an hour kicking and punching the air while trying to look like Bruce Lee. I almost completed the entire workout for the first time (it's more of a cardio program) but, sadly, just pawing at the air still makes my poor body ache.

I played the first hockey game of the season yesterday which tired the hell out of me even more than the Kenpo. I feel much better on the ice compared to last season, though, and my slap shot and passes are already a little more crisp. I didn't even get nauseous for the first time on the ice since I've started playing again. It's just hard to say whether it's from not smoking, not drinking, or recent exercise. Regardless, yay!

After the game, it felt like every muscle in my back was sore. My love handles jiggled with pain. I had just received my shipment of 3 lbs of a powdered protein shake called Syntha-6 and a couple boxes of Clif's Builder Bars (which I intend to use as a breakfast substitute).













I pre-made a shake out of soy milk and powder so I could have it ready to chug when I got home. It was fucking delicious. It tasted like a wonderful, rejuvenating desert. I bought the Chocolate and Peanut Butter flavor which mixed perfectly with the original flavor soy milk. I forgot how much I love soy milk. I would happily drink soy instead of water every day for the rest of my life...if doing that somehow made sense.

I also appreciate the fact that the maker of this powdered supplement, BSN, realizes that it's bad marketing to have a bunch of pictures of guys with freakish, bulging muscles staring back at you when you visit their website. They have chosen a much wiser method. Maybe they learned a thing or two from the ring girls after they started sponsering UFC athletes and fights.








I decided to try out protein supplements for a couple reasons.

First, I've never tried adding anything weird to my diet during exercise other than pure creatine (doing so gave me stretch marks on my shoulder due to rapid growth) and that was back in high school when I would only do bench presses and curls. I'm not really sure how much of a difference a more well-rounded kind of supplement will make, so I might as well give it a shot.

Second, it's an easy way to take in a lot of easily processed protein. It's kind of a pain in the ass to eat 12 oz of meat every day and this should cut some of that out of my diet. Plus, it's supposed to be good for recovery and to help build lean muscle. It's fairly high in calories, though, so I'm taking half of the recommended dosage. I do not want to be fat and muscular, which is what I assume would happen if you drank the hell out of this shit.

It's so damn tasty, it's hard not to want to drink the hell out of it.

1/14 Breakfast

















1/14 Lunch - Shitload of Roast Beef, Two Slices of Swiss Cheese, Three Slices of Tomatoes, Mustard, and a lettuce "bun".














No comments:

Post a Comment