Monday, January 18, 2010

Another Weekend Down

















Day 12 and I'm still going strong. Hockey has gotten in the way of the P90X scheduled routines...or maybe the routines are getting in the way of hockey. Regardless, P90X allows one day of rest/stretching each week, but it always comes at the same time at the end of each week. In order to maintain 6 days of exercise a week, I've started taking my "rest days" the day before my games to avoid next-day soreness. Then I count hockey as an exercise separate from the program and continue with the normal p90x schedule the following day.

I finished the first abbreviated week of the program (only going through 50-75% of each routine), so now I'm trying to complete the full hour of each routine this week. I made it all the way through the shoulder & back disc, which was a fucking trial, but I was unable to complete the plyometrics disc the next day. Aside from being an exhausting routine, I think I'm probably irritating my neighbors with all of the jumping and shit involved with that disc. Even though I'm on the ground floor, I have hardwood floors which, I'm sure, are making noise and mild quaking in the three apartments surrounding me.
















My landings are not quite as "cat-like" as Tony Horton has been asking for. Not yet, anyway. I'm thinking about buying a thick gym mat from the Sports Authority to help dissipate the sound/shock waves, but I'll worry about that next week. I also think that I need some 20 and 30 lb dumbbells for the shoulder and arm routines, but I'm hoping I can find something to fit he bill on craigslist or from Play It Again Sports.

















Since I have a hockey game tonight, I took a rest day yesterday. Instead of just resting, though, I decided to download some introductory Yoga DVD's that I might be able to use on my downtime or on off days. I'm hoping that it will help build my balance for the rather intense (impossible) Yoga-X that is offered as a part of the P90X routine. Also, my lower back has been stiffening up from all of this shit I've been subjecting myself to and I was hoping some Yoga stretches might help. I ended up finding a nice little 45 minute routine that was tough enough to break a sweat, but wasn't beyond my rudimentary yoga strength and flexibility. The downside is that it's clearly intended for young women and focuses a lot on shaping and toning the ass. The upside is that it has lots of attractive young women demonstrating. Below is a screenshot.











I was telling my older brother Mezzo about the delicious Syntha-6 shakes that I started taking. He was interested in starting to incorporate a shake into his daily routine after hearing about how tasty I thought they were, so he checked with a weight-lifting nutrition freak he knew from BJJ. I listened in on the chat. His friend's comments resembled the mad ravings of a paranoid schizophrenic, as one might expect from someone who has spent many hours debating carb-protein ratios with muscle-bound freaks whose rational minds have been clouded from ingesting large quantities of experimental nutritional supplements for their entire adult lives.

He basically advised him against drinking soymilk, or ingesting any type of soy product in any form. He recommended a protein shake that tastes like shit (by his own admission). He advised never ingesting dairy of any kind. He suggested that foods advertising that they have healthy benefits were often the worst possible things for you. He actually said, "Don't get me started on corn."

My argument in favor of Syntha-6 can easily be summed up by this advertisement that I came across in a pirated version of Maxim Magazine that I found.


















I fucking love technology. I didn't realize people put PDF's of magazines up for downoad online. My iPod didn't have that functionality built in, but I was able to find a cracked app that took care of it, so now I can carry periodicals along with me in my pocket!

Spicy Hobo Tilapia w/Swiss













Coffee and Clif Builder Bar


















Lean ground beef w/swiss, steamed broccoli.













Breaded garlic-parmesan Chicken breast, swiss, steamed broccoli and carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment