Friday, February 5, 2010

What's a Day Like?

I've started using the website Fitday.com regularly. They have a bunch of free tools that help simplify counting calories and chart your diet's progress. I only use it as a food log and weight tracker, but I could measure and chart things like waste size, body fat %, and exercise expenditure if I wanted to.

Weight Goal vs Actual Graph (note the safety warning)









Another nice thing about Fitday.com is that you can build your own personalized foods. It will save the information so you can easily and accurately add items to your food log with a few quick clicks. They also have a large database with the nutritional information for thousands of standard foods. It may not be perfect, but it's about as close as you can get without getting weirdly obsessive about counting your calories.

I'd also like to point out that, despite not eating a lot of calories every day, after the hockey game last night I had extra energy and felt like I could have gone another period.

We were losing in the third by a few goals to a chippy bunch of assholes. One of our defensemen was kicked out for dropping his gloves after taking a stick to the neck from a forward trying to break into our zone. He didn't do any damage, but he made the point. The refs weren't controlling things very well and he wasn't happy about it.

A few minutes later, I placed my first adult league hockey check that I really bent at the knees and followed through with. Their best player was looking for a breakout pass coming out of their zone. I was on D, so I held the blue line and played the body--catching him off guard with a nice, clean, mid-ice hit. I didn't get a penalty, which infuriated the poor kid. He hung back behind the play so he could shout expletives at the ref and demand satisfaction like a child throwing a tantrum.

He got a 10 minute misconduct and sat for the rest of the game. We still lost, but I'll take my minor victories where I can.

Food Log for Feb 4

No comments:

Post a Comment